After finishing my first semester of college, I’ve figured out what helps me to stop stressing when I’ve been in the library or studying for hours on end. These six tricks are simple and easy and make me feel so much better. When you’re feeling sad or stressed out, try these to make you feel better:
- Play Better When I’m Dancin’ by Meghan Trainor. It makes me smile and get up and dance around. It’s a feel good song.
- Take a walk. As a college student, I simply take a walk or go to the gym when I’m feeling stressed out. It’s nice to get some fresh air after spending hours on end in the library and it makes me feel better. It helps to relax and clear my head.
- Call your mom. If not your mom, another family member. It’s always nice to hear the voice of someone close to me when I’m feeling down or need to relax. Tell your family member or friend how you’re feeling and you’ll feel better.
- Watch Noah Ritter videos on YouTube. When I need a study break, I watch videos of a young boy known as the ‘apparently kid’ on YouTube who Ellen sends on trips. I promise you’ll laugh if you watch any of them. Here’s the original one to start you off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz5TGN7eUcM
- Breathing Exercises. Breathing steadily or doing breathing that is done in yoga classes helps your body to relax and clears your mind. Simply taking a few minutes to concentrate on your breathing makes a huge difference.
- Watch puppy videos that no doubt appear on your Facebook newsfeed. Sometimes all you need for a study break is a video of puppies playing together to make you smile.